Kids Should Not Have Homework: 5 Arguments To Support Your Point
Homework has been a part of students’ lives for so long that the idea of not doing it can seem incredible, surreal, or even impossible. But if you stop to think about it, the truth is that homework is not necessary. Do you have trouble believing that? Well, here are a few great arguments that will definitely convince you.
Without further ado, here are the top five best arguments that will definitely convince any naysayers that homework is not something that should be done by kids.
- Kids already have seven hours of school. You start school at eight and go home at three. That’s a full day of school. Most adults work similar lengths of time at work and come home exhausted. Yet they can’t understand when their kids have trouble focusing at the end of a full day of learning. And that brings us to our next point.
- It’s counterintuitive to make children spend too many hours studying. If an adult has attention problems, that’s nothing compared to a kid. Children are still growing, their brains aren’t yet fully developed, and it’s crucial that they get a lot of exercise and free time. Something that they could do in thirty minutes if fully rested and energized will drag on for four hours if they’re restless and can’t focus because they left seven hours of school to directly jump into three hours of homework.
- Getting sun and exercise is crucial for your health. If you’re cooped up in school during the day, then have to do your homework when you get home, you’ll develop poor health. A much better solution would be to do all the learning you need to do in one place, in a short amount of time. When you stop school, that’s the time for you to play and go outside and get exercise.
- Seven hours of school should be enough to learn anything. Sure, let’s say that you have recess and lunch--there’s still a good five hours where you’re studying. If you can’t learn what you need in that time, there’s a problem. Rather than giving you lots of homework after school to compensate, schools should look at how they can rework teaching systems in class to make the most of the time you have in school.
- Having a social and family life is important. In short, you should have a balanced life. Many adults get angry if their work life spills over into their personal life. They like to go out after work and spend time with friends. But children should get the same respect. School is a time for learning, and it takes up much of the day. After school is the time for pursuing your own hobbies and personal pastimes.
There are literally thousands of reasons for not doing your homework. So when you are in trouble, try to catch up with little fun by using cheeky lines. At least your peers will have a laugh at them if your tutor refuses to take them. Your dog and grandma will thank you for not blaming them yet again. Let’s learn 20 crazy excuses for not doing your homework.
A note of caution:Do not use the same excuse several times. Your tutor may not fall for it again.
1. Alien invasion
“When I was busy doing my homework, I actually saw a shadow of a little boy with no hair behind me. It emerged from nowhere. Yes definitely an alien. It looked at me for a while and lastly took my paper, I guess as a proof of human handwriting.”
2. Ran out of toilet paper
“Last night, we ran out of toilet paper, pretty awkward situation, Yeah? And my dad was not feeling good. He grabbed my paper in a big rush and I haven’t seen it since.”
3. Someone stole it
“I remember it very clearly I cautiously placed it in my backpack. When I was traveling to school, I assume someone at the school gates removed it from my bag. And I don’t have it now.”
4. My dad took it
“I was arranging my backpack while having breakfast and about to put my paper in bag. At that very moment, my mother called me in the kitchen area. When I came back it was not there, probably my dad accidentally took it to work.”
5. It flew from my hands
“I was walking on my roof, reading my completed paper and complimenting myself how good it is, and suddenly wind blew it out of my hands. I ran down the stairs to revive it, but did not saw it anywhere. It was gone by then.”
6. Teacher has a heavy workload
“I did not do it because I thought you (teacher) already have enough workload to handle, so I did not want to add to it.”
7. Never said hand it in
“I heard you saying do your homework, matter of fact I did. But you never said about handing it in to you. So I left it at home, but honestly I did finish my homework as you have directed.”
8. A psychic told me I would lose my leg
“While returning home yesterday, my friends insisted on seeing a psychic. I thought it would be fun and so I went with them. When it was my turn, she said I would lose my leg if I do my homework. I better left it. What if I would do my homework and lose my leg. Ultimately you would not have got it because I could not have walked to the class.”
9. Butler threw it away
“I left it on my side table, I kept it loose from the folder. My butler threw it away thinking it as a trash when I was away.”
10. A good deed
“I was walking down the lane when I saw this man. He was struggling with his cardboard box, what he called as ‘home’. So I gave it to the homeless man to insulate his home. I thought he needed it more than I do.”
11. Threw at him
“I was in the lunch room.Another student started criticizing you (the teacher). I could not let him go without letting him know he was wrong. I searched through my backpack to find something to throw at him. But all I could find was today’s homework. I let him have it. And he threw it into the dustbin.”
12. I don’t want to make other students feel bad
“I evaluated my writing, and I decided to not to bring it. The reason, it was so good that it would make other students feel bad that theirs was not as good as mine.”
“My little sister wanted to prove that she could shoot like a pro and she took my assignment to use it as the target. She is only two, how could I deny her? So there goes my assignment. It was ripped into pieces before I knew it.”
14. Gone into paper shredder
“I don’t have homework because believe it or not, my friend Joe got a new paper shredder and he had to test it. So he asked me to hand in a paper, I took out a paper from my bag and gave it to him. Before I realized, it was too late already.”
15. No reasons to do it
“I did not do it because of my eyes. I did not see any worthy reason to do it. It was lame and uninspiring. So I thought I better leave to do something useful.
16. It got hijacked
“I was fascinated to testify the theories I was working on. I made a paper plane out of my assignment and flew it to see how mass and speed correlate to each other. But my paper plane was hijacked before I reached any results. And I lastly I realized I have nothing to submit.”
17. Lend it to my friend
“My friend borrowed it from me in order to make sure his assignment was perfect, but he never gave it back.”
18. Had to burn it
“The lights in our house went out due to heavy rain. I had to burn it to get enough light to see the fuse. When lights were back, I did not have enough time to write the assignment once again.”
19. Crashed an air balloon
“I had a ride in a hot air balloon and crashed it in mid-way. It was enough to damage my back. I was unable to move my body an inch in bed. So it was impossible for me do the homework.”
20. Not giving away my ideas
“After doing my homework assignment, I took the decision that I should bring the assignment to class. The reason is, there are possibilities that you may steal my brilliant ideas and use it as yours.”
Hope these excuses save you from the wrath of your tutors and examiner. But remember the more you use them the more they lose their acceptability. So it is someway better that you hand in your assignment on time, no matter how much your peers are amused to hear these cranky lines from you.
Solve your assignment complications with MyAssignmenthelp.com
Every student has his bag full of unique experiences, but problems occur when they have to describe it in their words and compose an assignment. While some of you lack writing skills, some are unable to come up with lucid idea and some of you may have insufficient knowledge on how to build a best quality assignment. This is where MyAssignmenthelp.com proves to be most effective.
Our assignment experts understand the fact that you are not capable of writing high quality assignment. You may be good at drafting graphs and table or researching. This is why we here to help you with your weaknesses and help you to play according to your strengths. If you are looking for ways to reach higher grades, you have come to the right place.
Team of experts
We boast a pool of writers, experts and researchers who are more than efficient to guide you with your academic writing.
Unlike other service providers, we do not make false promises. There are many unique features that make us stand out in the crowd.
Choice of students
There are innumerable students who prefer MyAssignmenthelp.com over other assignment writing providers not only because we give them quality service but also because we provide standard help at very reasonable price.
If you are worried about plagiarism issues, MyAssignmenthelp.com can solve your problems. We always scan our order under reliable plagiarism detector in order to make sure there is no hint of plagiarism in it.
We have anything and everything that you search for in any assignment writing service provider. You will find every form of assignment help under one roof. So order your help material and witness magnificent changes in your academic life.
Visit us today and place an order to receive discounts and offers.