Human rights must be respected.
Homosexual people are individuals. They have same rights we do. They can be responsible, loving and good parents- most of the time better than the heterosexual parents. People think many false things about homosexual people . Nowadays the world has changed. We must become more open minded. We must think more positively. We must think of the benefits of homosexual people adopting children and not only what is bad .
If the child's brought up in a loving environment, who cares about the gender of the parents?
Love is love. Just to start off, I'm a teen lesbian. When I grow up and meet the beautiful fantastic love of my life, I do hope to have children. We will love them so very much. As long as the parent loves their child and can bring them up to be amazing people, why does the gender of those parents matter?
WE SHOULD HAVE OUR ''RIGHTS''
Same sex couples should be allowed to adopt children because they need to have their rights as any other person. If they dont have rights then there is no freedom, or no pursuit of happiness. According to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights it violates our rights, article 2 says ''everyone is entitled to the same rights without discrimination of any kind''. If a man is able to impregnate a woman and raised his kids why he can't do it with his same sex partner. No one can't decide whether how or with who someone is going to raised a child. Is the person time, money and patience. They at least going to have someone to care about than nothing, than having children at orphanages, foster homes without affection or attention they really need. Is better to have two same-sex couples to have only one person taking care of children. If a person does not like being straight or not feeling well and find another way to be happy we should be just because it is his feeling.
Gay couples adopting children.
Supporting a child as a gay couple will not affect the child's quality in life. Studies according to your website (debate.org) help support my claim. Would you rather a child never have the authority and care that an adult can provide them just because the couple is gay? No. Should a gay couple be shunned the right to adopt a child that may never have a chance to go anywhere else? No.
Every person deserves to be with the one whom they choose.
Just because people think that its not right, or if its not going to benefit the children who they adopt. Well THINK AGAIN! The children who are being adopted by same sex couples are doing waaaaaaaay better in schools, and in their studies and their attitudes have changed. The world is changing, society itself is changing, and so are people. There are same sex couples n this world GET OVER IT! MOVE ON WITH LIFE! IT IS NOT AFFECTING YOU IN ANY WAY! Let them be, of they want to adopt I think they should, it's their life.
Yes, they should be able to adopt children.
Yes, they should be able to adopt children. A child raised by a same sex couple can be just a normal as any other child. Growing up I've known kids who were raised by same sex couples and they are just fine and heterosexual. A person cannot be forced or influenced to be homosexual, I am a straight woman, I'm only attracted to men, no one can force or influence me into being with a woman because that is not who I am. I was raised by a family of all women, my father left before I was born, I was raised by my mother, aunt, grandmother, and older cousin. I grew up just like everyone else, if someone is against same sex couples adopting then they must be against my family as well? It would only make sense, all women raising a child? Crazy right? I'm heterosexual, a good student, and on my way to college. Also, if anyone decides to argue "but then the child will become gay" why do straight couples have gay children? Why would a home-schooled child of a straight couple to turn out to be gay? Why do children of very religious/christian family become gay? And finally, why would the child of a homophobic straight couple be gay? It just happens, not influenced, not forced, it just happens. America has thousands upon thousands of children waiting to be adopted by a loving couple/person, if same sex couples were allowed to adopted so many more children would get adopted into safe, nurturing homes. It does not matter the orientation of the couple, or in my case the number of people raising the child, it matters if the child grew up with love, support, and care.
Science has proven same sex parents do not affect the child's well-being. Disagreeing supports sexist gender roles. Besides, having two dads would be awesome.
Same sex couples with a child is damaging for the child? The 'logic' behind that is that is that the mother and the father each provide masculine/ feminine influences (teaching the kid how to be a real man, or how to be a proper woman). Not only has it been scientifically and psychologically proven that this does not affect the child (such as by the APA), it's a little sexist for both men and women in the way it enforces gender roles. And what is that saying about single parents? That they're depriving their child of a need? Actually, most people i know raised by a single parent turned out fine, so I guess that means that the parent was able to to provide both masculine and feminine influences regardless of gender (If you want to think in that context)! Besides, i think having two dads would be awesome and most people could agree with me on that one.
Yes to adoption to same sex couples
Why is it your choice that two people of the same sex can't ever fall in love and decide that they want to have a family but aren't able to. One man and one woman can always adopt because to you its normal, well maybe the people who are in love with the same sex want to be normal to. Just because you are not in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex doesn't mean that its abnormal. You don't choose how the world goes round. Whats normal to you may not be normal to someone else. Face the fact that your not perfect and shut the hell up
Yes, I believe every human being deserves a happy family.
Your sexual preference shouldn't effect the fact that you want to adopt. Every human being should have the right to adopt, after all we do not have the right judge someone based on their life decisions. As children we want a happy family in the future, even if you are a little different then the person sitting beside you. So yes, in conclusion same sex couples should be allowed to adopt. They're no different then you and me, they're human beings they just prefer something different.
Yes - Be realistic
There are many children in need of a loving home and they could have that. The only thing that makes same sex couples' lives unstable and difficult are the people who so adamantly try to deny them equal rights with their circular logic. What is best for any child is to have parents that truly want and love them. Bullying? Get real. Kids are horrible to each other, and that only enforces the need for a loving and supportive family. Bullies don't need a tangible reason to put others down. If it's not their parents it'll be their hair, or their glasses, or their freckles. Bullying is a reality of life, a horrible reality but a reality all the same, and even though it shouldn't happen, it will. Kids do it, adults do it. All the zero-tolerance policies in the world will never stop this, but a child with a family unit that loves and supports them will develop and grow stronger and more prepared for the real world which, let's be honest, is far more brutal overall.
+ All Gay Adoption Essays:
- The Right to Marriage for the Gays
- Innovation Diffusion Framework-Policy Adoption
- Same Sex Relationships
- Gays in the Military
- Law Reform
- Gay Civil Rights
- Gay Marriage
- Gay or Lesbian Parenting and the Psychological Effects on Their Adoptive Children
- Defense of Marriage Act
- Gay And Lesbians Marriage
- How Culture Defines the Organization Campus Christian Fellowship and Repudiates Misconceptions
- Factors and Forces Affecting Ehr System Adoption: Report of a 2004 Acmi Discussion
- Gay Marriage Research Paper
- Taking a Look at the Institution of Adoptions
- Legalizing Gay Marriage
- Same-sex Rights Should Be a Federal Matter
- Challenges in Adoption of Ifrs in Nigeria
- It's Time for Open Adoption
- Americans' Acceptance of Homosexuality
- Homosexuality, Nature or Nurture?
- The Intersection of Race, Sexual Orientation and Religion in the Gay Community
- Hollywood: Promoting Stereotypes to Make Easy Money
- An Argument Against Same-Sex Adoption
- Gay Marriage Should Be Legal
- Rogers' Diffusion and Adoption Research
- Nature vs Nurture: Twin Studies and Adoption
- Strengthening The Foster Care and Adoption System
- Adoption of Animals
- Open or Closed Adoption: What is Your Choice?
- Arguements Against tge Legalization of Gay Marraige
- Gay Marriage Should be Legal
- Same-Sex Marriage Should be Legalized
- The Debate on Homosexuals Adopting Children
- Gay Marriage
- Gays in the Military
- International Adoption
- The Scapegoating of Homosexuals as Threats to Society
- The Sound of a Hundred Feathers: The Symbolism of Richard Hook's Painting, Adoption of the Human Race
- Biracial Adoption
- Same-Sex Marriage Should Be Legal
- Lesbian and Gay Teens
- Gay Dance Clubs
- The Transracial Adoption and the Multi-Ethnic Placement Act
- Semantic Change: How Gay Became Homosexual
- Adoption by Same-Sex Couples
- Factors Affecting the Adoption of High Performance Work Systems in Foreign Subsidiaries: an Empirical Investigation in Hong Kong
- Gay Marriage Will Harm Children
- Trends in Family Formation: A Look at Same-Sex Marriage
- Same-Sex Parenting
- Legalize Gay Marriage
- The Case for Gay Marriage
- The Disadvantages of Allowing Same Sex Marriages
- Assessing the View that Family Diversity is Leading to a Weakening of Traditional Family Values
- Gays/Lesbians Normalization in America
- The Gay Marriage Controversy
- Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues - Same-sex Marriage is Inevitable
- The Debate Over Gay Rights Movement
- Marriage: Is It Just for a Man and a Woman?
- Against Legalizing Homosexual Marriages
- Compare and Contrast Two Views of Gay Marriage
- Defense of Marriage Act
- Hate Crimes Against Gays
- My Invisible Gay Culture
- Unwanted Children: Adoption and Foster Care in the US
- Critical essay on gay marriage
- In a Country of Diversity and Tolerance, Discrimination for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transgender Still Exists
- The Operations, Problems and Prospect of Pos Adoption in Nigeria
- Gay Marriage: All Men Are Not Created Equal
- International Adoption
- Democratic Morality and the Administrative Law
- Recognizing Same-Sex Marriage Legally in the United States
- Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage
- International Adoption: A Global Problem or a Global Solution?
- Gay Marriage Ethics Paper
- The Dirty Truth behind Foreign Adoption
- Gay Marriage Is a Human Rights Issue
- Same-Sex Marriage and Adoption Should Be Legal
- Let Us Legalize Gay Marriage
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Inclusion
- The Universal Right to Family
- The Difficulties in Defining the Family
- We Must Become More Accepting of the LGBT Community
- Gay Rights: Homosexuals Deserve the same Rights as Heterosexuals
- Gay Marriage and Religion
- The Feud Over Gay Marriage
- The Advantages of Closed Adoption Over Open Adoption
- Adoption of Ifrs in Bulgaria
- International Adoption
- Gay Couples Should Not Be Allowed to Adopt Children
- The Social Process Theories
- The Occurrence of Domestic Violence in the Gay and Lesbian Communities