ASE 320 - Introduction to Fluid Mechanics
ERes: Homework solutions and class-restricted information (password protected)
Friday, Jan 21
Last day to add/drop classes in of Engineering
Thursday, Feb 24
Test 1, 75 minutes, in class
Thursday, Apr 21
Test 2, 75 minutes, in class
Saturday, May 14
Final Exam ()
Two mid semester tests
40% (Higher score: 25%, Lower: 15%)
2004-2006 Catalog Data
Fundamental concepts, fluid statics; integral and differential analysis; detailed analysis of inviscid, incompressible flows; aerodynamics of airfoils and wings. Prerequisite: Mathematics 427L with a grade of at least C and credit or registration for Aerospace Engineering 120K.
Objectives and Outcomes
There are many, many textbooks on Fluid Mechanics – every teacher tends to want one that reflects his or her own point of view. You may want to search the library for one that you like if you want a different point of view from the text. There are also several (but fewer) texts on Aerodynamics, which reflect our aerospace bias. Here are a few suggestions.
- Introduction to Fluid Mechanics (6th Edition), Robert W. Fox, Alan T. McDonald, Philip J. Pritchard, Wiley, 2004. Very systematic approach to solving problems. My biggest criticism of this approach is that all “problems” are really presented as “exercises”, i.e. the solution is presented as if one knew exactly where to start. For real problems this is rarely, if ever, true.
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics (3rd Edition) John D. Anderson, Jr., McGraw Hill, 1991. Nice historical perspective added.
- Aerodynamics for Engineers (4th Edition) John J. Bertin Prentice Hall, 2002.
- Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, and Flight Mechanics (2nd Edition) Barnes W. McCormick, Wiley, 1995. This is a very handy summary reference for a number of classes and covers basic Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics, Propulsion, and Controls.
- Irrotational Flow by Prof. Marco Colombini, University of Genoa. This is a beautiful web presentation on the theory of plane irrotational flows that explains and illustrates basic irrotational flows (uniform stream, doublet, vortex) and builds them up into more complex flows (flow over a cylinder) and culminates with flow over airfoils. It shows the error in common simplified "explanations" of airfoil lift that leave you with the wrong physical impression of how lift is created. You can also see the presentation in the original Italian or in German.
Return to top
Fluid mechanics is a quite difficult topic for students, young scientists and etc. But we know how to help this category of people. It is our service Assignment Expert. It suggests fluid mechanics homework solutions. If you want to make easily your education, visit our site and it`s fluid mechanics solutions. We promise you that you will be satisfied by our job.
Fluid mechanics solutions: get instant help from reliable service:
- professional fluid mechanics experts;
- any task levels you need;
- meeting your strict requirements and deadlines;
- secure and reliable payment methods.
As a rule, any fluid mechanics homework includes various formulas and applications of math computations. Our reliable service is here to provide you with the best fluid mechanics solutions you may be in need of. When solving your assignments in fluid mechanics online, it is easy to make sure that fluid mechanics solutions are not so easy and quite time consuming. That is why in some cases students cannot do without fluid mechanics help. As soon as you need experienced helpers and you have questions in fluid mechanics online, we will be glad to provide you with degree-holding experts who can assist you with any fluid mechanics assignment.
Fluid mechanics solutions: how to broaden your knowledge
- learn fluid mechanics one step at a time;
- search for useful additional material;
- do practice your skills all the time;
- address experts in fluid mechanics online.
We don’t just give you final answers but strive to provide step-by-step fluid mechanics solutions for your high school, college and university assignments. Our experts show how to solve the problem and help you comprehend how to apply your knowledge to similar assignments. We will be glad to answer even your toughest issues. We are available 24/7 and you can contact us whenever it is convenient for you. Become our customer and make your life easier!
Experience the best fluid mechanics help:
- striving to meet all of your expectations;
- experienced fluid mechanics online solvers;
- choice of payment and contact methods;
- 100% confidentiality guaranteed.
Our degree-holding experts understand all of your needs, requirements and deadlines. We have a team of professional and experienced experts for fluid mechanics homework help. Fortunately, there is no need for you to experience hassle or stress when solving mechanics any more. Since our experts in fluid mechanics solutions are available 24hrs a day, they can provide you with instant fluid mechanics help. Thousands of students worldwide trust our service. Why not become one of them?